I definitely should have posted this recipe along with my vegan lox but I wanted to test out a few different methods to give you the best version of this delicious cashew cream cheese. I absolutely love this recipe because it doesn’t compromise on taste or texture. It’s creamy, spreadable and versatile just like it’s non-vegan counterpart. Thus far, I’ve used it as a spreadable cheese and as a base for an Alfredo sauce as well as a creamy-lime dressing for one of my nourishing bowls. I’m thinking of using it for a raw vegan cheesecake recipe or maybe stuffed peppers. What do you think?
In the meantime, you should make this stuff and just keep it handy in the fridge for snacking on with carrot sticks or for spreading on sourdough in the morning with tomatoes and cracked black pepper.
If you enjoy this recipe make sure to share it with your friends and subscribe to my blog via the sidebar or follow me on Bloglovin’. Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend!
Cashew Cream Cheese
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked for a minimum of 4 hours)
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. water
- Place all ingredients except for water in your blender.
- Blend on high until cashew reach a smooth creamy texture.
- Add up to two tablespoons of water near the end just to make sure it achieves a perfectly smooth texture. Otherwise, it’s a bit gloopy.
- Refrigerate overnight.